This document constitutes an agreement between you (“The patient”) and Island Hospital. By subscribing to the Medicine Delivery Service, you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, Island Hospital reserves the right to reject your subscription to the service. Island Hospital reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Upon subscription to the Medicine Delivery Service, the patient undertakes to provide all relevant information required, including medical information and other personal data that are reasonably expedient for the purpose of fulfillment of the service (“Required Information”). The patient also consents to disclose all Required Information to Island Hospital and third-party service providers.
2. Medicine Delivery Service is strictly for existing Island Hospital patients and for repeat medication only.
3. This service is to deliver medicine and NOT in any way to be taken as a service to sell medicine.
4. All orders are final once payment is made. No refund, return or request or request for changes will be allowed.
This includes changes in recipient, delivery details, item type and item quantity.
5. Island Hospital will not be responsible for any delay in drive-through collection or delivery of the item(s) which are due to any of the following situations:
a. When there is a delay in submitting any documents as required by Island Hospital or third-party service providers.
b. When there is a delay in responding to the email from Island Hospital requesting for additional information.
c. When there is a delay in payment.
1. Orders will be processed within 2 working days, Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays.
2. Cut Off Time - Payment received after 12 p.m. will be processed on the next working day. (Not applicable for weekends and public holidays)
3. Orders placed on Fridays after 12 p.m. and over the weekend will be processed on the next working day.
4. Payment quoted on the medication and delivery charges needs to be paid on the same day (before 2 p.m.) to avoid any changes in the delivery charges.
1. Delivery of the order is handled and underwritten by third-party service providers. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, the patient indemnifies Island Hospital from any service failures by the appointed third-party service providers.
2. The patient agrees that any late delivery does not constitute a failure of our service. The patient is also not entitled to cancel an order due to any late delivery.
3. Title and risk of loss for item(s) ordered shall be passed on to the patient upon the item(s) being collected by the third-party service providers for delivery. Island Hospital shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage arising from lost, stolen or damaged items.
4. Deliverable items*
* This list is not intended to be exhaustive.
** Parcels will be detained by the relevant authorities as a receipt cannot be provided.
|Cold Chain medicine||X||X||X|
* This list is not intended to be exhaustive.
** Parcels will be tabdetained by the relevant authorities as a receipt cannot be provided.
What is the Medicine Delivery Service?
The Medicine Delivery Service is introduced for the convenience of patients who are on long-term medication. Island Hospital is offering to deliver your medication directly to your doorstep without you having to visit the hospital.
Who Is Eligible For Medicine Delivery Service?
1. Existing patients of Island Hospital that are on repeat/long-term medication only.
How Does It Work?
1. Initiate subscription to the service via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hotline number (+604-228 8222 or +62813-3436 7711).
2. A Medicine Delivery Request Form will be emailed to the patient to be filled up accordingly.
3. The patient will be advised on the availability and price of their medication, along with the delivery charges and instructions for payment.
4. The medication will be ready for drive-through collection or delivery once payment is cleared.
1. How long will I have to wait for my medicine?
a. Processing time of your order may vary depending on the availability of medication or if further clarification is needed.
b. Delivery turnaround time:
*Upon collection of parcels by the appointed delivery service provider.
2. When can patients request for medication?
a. We only process and deliver medicine on weekdays, from Mondays to Fridays.
b. There are no deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
c. Patients who request for medication on Fridays (after 12 p.m.) will have their orders processed on the next working day.
3. How will I know if my medication has been shipped?
Our pharmacy will send the tracking number of the order to the patient, so the patient can follow up with the delivery service provider.
4. Can patients change/cancel orders?
Once payment has been made, no changes and cancellation are allowed.
Important things to note!
1. Island Hospital can only deliver up to 3 months supply of medication to international patients due to customs restrictions of foreign destinations.
2. This service is strictly for existing patients on repeat medication only.
3. No dangerous or controlled drugs will be sent.
4. The estimated turnaround time may vary during this period of Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO).
5. We have an in-house processing time of 48 hours, please be patient with us.
6. Duty fees for medication valued under RM 2,000 will be paid upon the parcel’s arrival in Indonesia. The delivery service provider will contact the patient directly to receive the payment imposed by the customs of Indonesia.